Amazon

Thursday 1 October 2015

Paneer Pepper Fry - Cottage cheese fried with pepper in a spicy thick gravy

Paneer pepper fry


Ever since I started writing this blog, I read many magazines, recipe books and many other blogs too. It helps me a lot in making many dishes made in different parts of India.

I get a lot of north Indian dishes ideas from my husband!! When he was working in Gujarat a few years back he had the opportunity to have lot of north Indian dishes and tells me about such dishes. Since he was a bachelor in those times, he used to make a lot of such north Indian dishes...he likes Punjabi dishes a lot! From him I got to know the names of few North Indian dishes and their ingredients...That prompted me to refer other famous blogs and recipe videos... 

Recently when we went to a hotel and saw the menu we saw this dish called paneer pepper fry. My DH liked the idea and ordered it immediately, I also liked it very much.

I decided to make this dish @ home. 

When I tasted it, I could understand the ingredients that were included in it. 

So here we go!!


Ingredients:


Paneer - 200 gms
Onions - 4 nos
Tomato - 1 no
Green chillies - 3 nos
Ginger - 1/2 piece
Garlic - 3 small cloves
black pepper powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves - 4-5 nos
salt to taste


Process:


Cut the paneer into small cubes and keep it aside. 

After that, chop the onions into very thin pieces length wise. Also chop the tomato into very small pieces and keep it aside. Next chop the garlic and ginger into small sizes and keep aside. Also slit the green cillies length wise. 

Take a frying pan and  pour 3-4 tablespoons of oil. Once the oil is hot, add the sliced onions and add a bit of salt. Saute till they became brown. Add the chopped tomatoes and saute it for 5 minutes (tomato need to be chopped into very small pieces). 
once the tomatoes also cook, add the finely chopped ginger, garlic and green chillies and saute for a few minutes.

After that add turmeric powder, garam masala powder, pepper powder and salt. 

Mix thoroughly and saute for sometime. Once the water almost evaporates and oil starts leaving the sides of the pan, add the paneer pieces and and mix it well. Allow to simmer in a low flame for 10 minutes. At last sprinkle some more pepper powder into it. 




Paneer pepper fry is ready to be served. Serve it with chapathis, parattas etc.



#paneerrecipes, #vegetarianrecipes, #punjabirecipes, #indianrecipes, #paneer, #kidsrecipes

No comments:

Post a Comment